Originally Posted by tangozulu
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Stoney we don't see that sort of thin where I go...at least I have not run into it.But can understand how it can happen near places like Calgary, which I regard as "Aspen North". grin

Lots of solitude in Manitoba,again, near as I have experienced.

Contact anytime.

I suspect this may be due to residents getting tired of outfitters tying up land to keep them out. Something that I believe is technically illegal and often locks up public land under grazing leases.
Been t here myself and it leaves you feeling violated.

tango:...I have hunted the same land my outfitter has been on for years...some Crown, some private.

In the bush units I have hunted, I have seen absolutely no one.In the bush units, east and west of the Peace, I was surprised at the number of deer I have seen(both whitetails and mule deer, and the lack of hunters.

My guy has "permission" on some private ground, but hardly has it tied up,and it is not "exclusive". There are residents who have permission hunting some of the private ground, too....but I just have not seen what I consider to be a lot of hunting pressure.People seem to leave everyone a wide berth.
i can say I have never felt violated up there, nor seen any rodeos.

I have on a couple of occasions,seen some trespassing on private ground by other outfitters...but would not call it a chronic problem.

It is mind boggling how much of the land goes un hunted...especially if you are willing to get your ass out of the truck,which lots of people don't want to do. grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.