Run Hps on deer and it will be better.

And don't believe that a pistol round will do a bang flop like the TV always shows...

They all have to bleed out to die unless like the one poster, you shoot high shoulder and hit CNS.

I always expect to have to look for deer shot with " non rifle" rounds.
Totally different game going on there.

Well, 200gr XTPs are essentially HP bullets and I don't "do" TV hunting shows. ;O)

Have killed whitetails with them using a 6" S&W M629 and a 444 Marlin. Used Speer 200gr HPs in the Marlin before XTPs hit the market.

The rifle was far more accurate with both 200gr HP pistol bullets, than with 240gr SPs. Groups at 100 yards were generally two all but touching, one within a quarter inch of the other two. That's scoped/rested, although I only had the scope on for one deer season and killed one doe with it that year.

The other deer were killed while the 444 was wearing a receiver sight.

At closer ranges with the pistol and most often with the Marlin, went with either shoulder or heart/lung shots (whichever was presented). Think the longest poke ever taken with the 444, was probably around 65 yards?

No extry drama, just dead deer. Generally dead where hit. I was happy all around with those set ups.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.