Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
What were they selling the SS m7's on clearance? $499?

Shoulda bought a pallet of them.

The lowest wholesale close-out price on stainless/synthetic Remington 7s in 7mm and 300 SAUM that I've seen, back in early 2007, was $428. IIRC, you could buy the blued CM version in a laminated stock for the same price. I like stainless, so I bought a couple of the stainless 7mm SAUMs, having seen Mule Deer post that the 7mm SAUM was just a short action 280AI.

I wish that I'd bought more of the 0.473" bolt face stainless 7s when they were on close-out for $430 at the same time in early 2007.

Back in late 2003, I bought a 700 SPS in 270 WSM as a donor for a 6.5 WSM, but made the often repeated mistake(?) of shooting the donor and decided that, for me, the advantage of having a factory specs rifle and factory loaded ammo was greater than the lure of the 6.5 WSM. For deer, black bear, and elk hunting purposes, where sub-MOA accuracy is nice but not mission critical, what advantage does the 6.5 SAUM have over either the 270 WSM or 7mm SAUM out to 600 yards? Although I've never shot anything but pdogs at that range, I guess that there are situations that require a guy to reach farther out if you want to punch a tag.

Jeff