Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Just checked Hodgdon's online data for the 264 Win and H1000. It shows 60.4gr with a 130gr bullet and 58.5gr with a 140gr. Both were roughly 62k psi.

In Pat's posts, he's showing 62-63gr with a 130gr bullet and 61.5gr with the 139 Scenar. Both are a few grains higher than the 264 load from Hodgdon.

I know... the bullets are different so we need to take this comparison with salt but unless the burn rate for H1000 is being changed somehow in the 6.5 SAUM, I don't see how a case with smaller water capacity (I think) with a heavier charge is getting higher velocities with 88% of the pressure confused

And minimal freebore?

I don't get it. Would love to see lab data for the 6.5 SAUM.

The Hodgdon data for a .264 is worked up with a 130 gr accubond and a 140 gr partition ( I Believe). If you substitute a 130 gr. berger for the accubond and a 139 gr scenar for the 140 gr. partition the pressures in the loads will have ALOT less pressure, all else being equal in the .264. The bearing surfaces and construction of the bullet themselves will have a significantly more drag causing pressure. You have to compare cartridges with identical components.

Agreed, that's why I said to take it with salt.
Maybe two grains smile