This is what happens when a government has been in power for too long without refreshing itself. I think Harper made the mistake of appointing some people that were not qualified for the jobs they were to undertake. I'm speaking of Duffy, Wallin and Fantino. There are others.

I believe that they were "hired" for PR value. All were political neophytes, with no practical knowledge of how to do the job. They knew nothing about the business of politics. You can cover Parliament Hill as a reporter, but not know what goes on behind closed doors, procedural steps, Senate/ministerial obligations, financial accountibility, etc. Stop hiring unqualified people!

As well, my own belief is that Harper has had his turn and now it's time to move on. There is too much negativity attached to his leadership. Find a new leader. Friends, family, Conservative MPs and the public have to give him this message. It is a double edged sword however. The right replacement has to be found. We only need to look at the succession of bad Liberal leaders to see how important it is to have the right person at the top.

Riding associations have to pass the word up the chain. Ordinary citizens have to write their MPs, if they are in a Conservative riding. Get ahead of your local Conservative riding association and have a friendly chat. The idea has to be planted in public areas for the word to get out.

My two cents.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]