This is probably Harpers last election.
Right now who is to take over?
Jason Kenney comes to my mind but might be unelectable due to his strong stand against abortion, the media will make hash out of him. Nice hard working person he is.
Jim Prentice smart guy might be the ticket.
Politics is the art of the possible. One of the reasons bill C68 will never be repealed no matter what party is in power or who the Prime Minister is. the best that can be hoped for is some piece meal small changes that fly under the national media radar. Most Canadians are at best tolerant of gun owners, but have no particular love for us. That is why the Liberals and NDP constantly and successfully picked us as a target and will do again as soon as they have an opportunity.

Harper and his crew, with all its warts faults and short comings have served this country pretty good. At least they got most of the big ticket items right.
For the gun owners they did what they could without angering too much the rest of the electorate and press. They are not going to commit political suicide to please a relative small part of their core supporters.
I think that is about the best we can hope for. The items they get not right, guess we have to lobby them.
Just imagine Prime Minister Justin Trudeau or Prime Minister Mulcair.
No indeed I could not either, but they are at this moment a real possibility.