Mainly posting so I can check back later. We've camped up on the Grand Mesa several times with the herd. There is plenty of real estate, but not many areas that I know of to accommodate long shooting. About 2 out of every 3 years up there the mosquitoes are brutal. Everyone has their own tolerance level I suppose.

Somewhere more central might be easier for everyone statewide, I'm just not that familiar with the country up around Gunnison or the Flattops.

Lots of good camping and long shooting lanes up on the Uncompahgre plateau. But it's even farther away from the state's center of mass than the grand mesa. The Divide Road country is about 1.5 hours SSW from Grand Jct.

Plenty of long shooting in the BLM land north of GJT. But it's like camping on the moon and hot as blazes in June-July.

With 2 jobs and a houseful of kids, I'm not volunteering to do much besides comment on here. Kind of chickenzhit I know, but I'm just being honest. If it does wind up being somewhere and when I could swing it, I'd love to join up.

sd