I just spent 9 days camped at high elevation in the Uinta's in Utah. On the way back to Denver it occurred to me that I should swing by the Gore Pass area and look over the chosen area for the "24Hour" get-together.

I got to the designated coordinates on the afternoon of Saturday July 5th. Not the best arrival time, due to it being a holiday weekend. Surprisingly, "our" spot was vacant. There was a large group camped due south. A small camp located to the north, and a CITY was camped straight West of our spot. A moderate amount of vehicular travel on Forest Svc. Rd. 225.

This whole general area is very attractive. "Our spot" even more so!! Lush green grass, lottsa firewood, quite level, scenic view. My wife and I really liked it.

We stayed there 2 nights, and by Monday morn most of the other folks had left. It got me to thinking, though. It might be wise to designate a "Plan B" camp area for our group. Just in case our spot is occupied. Someplace close by.....so it was visible from Plan A location.

Thoughts or comments......??

FjLee