[Linked Image]

Well, it looks as though the Storm front's blown off East, and that the skies will clear. We got a pretty fair little rain out of that cal. storm.
Means I've got today to square this thing away. I'll get a few pics of the salvage operation, and grafting in a complete new bottom (solid walnut plank, of equal age no less)

This old beaut will replace that Gray plastic tackle box sitting just to the left of the vice, it's a real space waster with little real storage capacity. That "hutch" hanging behind the Lufkin box was gifted me a coupla' weeks ago, and went up last weekend. I intend to have this old shack a bit better organized, and pronto like,....no good having stuff, if you can't find it.
Got a BIG used Foredom tool that's gotta go in near the existing small one, and a plenum to install before the next stocking job,......That big black hose in the backround is coupled to an external 1 HP dust collector, here's a pic of that setup...
[Linked Image]
It's a REAL asset, and keeps the dust generated by filing and sanding where it belongs, e.g. .....the hell outta' my LUNGS. I'm planning to make up a sheet metal plenum that swings out from under the bench, and than tucks away when not in use. That big "Elephant C#ck" hose will not be missed, and that much more room will be freed up.
The externally mounted shop vac gets used daily, in 11 years I've only blown one of them off the wall eek ( A Loose primer did that trick whistle ).
Jeez, ....11 years, I'd say that a little renovating, upgrading, and sorting out is certainly justified.

Later, GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain