Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Scott F
Nope, never, not you.

You speakee "Tin Cat" ?

GTC

crossfire;
I have to stop reading your posts sir, as they cause me too be conflicted to often.

You are doing a top notch job on the old tool chest by the way - it's very cool to see some of the old craftsmanship remain earning it's keep.

On the tin cat deal crossfire - this is where the conflict comes in for me as we had several on our Saskatchewan farm and it was my job to empty them. frown

One or two of them had this flexible metal hose running off the compartment - sort of a cousin to a slinky looking thing - that the mice could exit out of and then get dropped into a gallon jar half full of water.

That was supposed to be a marvelous improvement because you didn't have to empty the tin cat every day then and the mice didn't eat each other in the trap either.

Anyway crossfire, as you've been "around some", you can well imagine what a half gallon jar of mice smells like after a week in the summer.........

I very clearly recall the long conversation I had with my brother convincing him to let me switch the liquid in the jar to diesel fuel.

It still stunk after a week, but at very least I could burn the dead mice.

Unless a person has been on a prairie farm it's tough to have them understand what its like to have so many mice around isn't it crossfire?

Anyway sir, I do parlez vous tin cat a wee bit or at least once surely did semi fluidly - er fluently. wink

Have a good one crossfire and stay safe down there in your border home.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/04/14. Reason: better sentence?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"