Bit of a segue here,....concerning the second old box dug out in this mad dash to organize the lurk a bit.

No idea who or what this outfit was about

[Linked Image]

I think that this thing originally housed a demo sewing machine, and can guarantee the plywood drawers are anything but original.

This old thing could be air dropped, tossed off trains, and used to block up a Model A, if needs be. It is BLOODY HEAVY,.....sitting there empty.

[Linked Image]

It kinda reeks of Black Powder, and was likely a "Pistol Box" or a line box,....once the original Demo sewing machine that lodged in the lower area went to war emergency steel, or God only knows where else.

[Linked Image]

Same quality (and stout) joinery as it's now somewhat refurbished companion (that Lufkin Box) sitting behind in the forgoing pics

[Linked Image]

The Lufkin Box got violated, and taken out of original "collector" status toiday,.....I found an new and un-tapped can of Rustoleum Clear spray enamel,......which is now empty.

The drawers did get their dose of Tru Oil, though

[Linked Image]

The completely trashed latch hardware got beaded, and sprayed with BBQ paint.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/03/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain