You know, there's a good number of people who use Eberlestock packs and are happy. I've had two. The X-1 which is a good daypack size, and the J-107 Dragonfly.
Both seem to be well made IMO, and a good value for the money, especially for someone who wants a decent pack but doesn't want to, or can't drop 5 or 6 bills on a pack.

I've packed a full whitetail in the X-1. And I've carried it on numerous turkey hunts in the last few years. No real complaints and nothing has blown out. The whitetail is the heaviest load it has carried.

I carried the J-107 last year on a couple of weekenders and in Idaho for a mule deer hunt, packing in and out camp. No problems.

Admittedly, I don't have decades of experience packing heavy loads and I've never carried a Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, Kuiu, McHale, etc.

I have carried a DD Terraplane a "few" miles and like it a lot.

Having said all that, the J-107 is heavy IMO at about 9lbs. Using it as a daypack while hunting, climbing the mountains out west and down into the gorges around here, it's just too heavy as a daypack.

So I sold it for that reason. It's just too darn heavy.

I bought the Paradox.

I like it's configuration and versatility. I like that it's made in Colorado by some quality guys on this forum. I like supporting mom & pop businesses, especially those dealing in quality products. And I really like its light weight.

I got the 4800 bag, with zipper, and the base Talon compression panel & frame extension.

FWIW that combo weighs 3.7 lbs on my little electronic scale.

Anyway, my two cents.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com