Originally Posted by TWR
Yes Leupold has had lots of practice on their CS mostly because people buy used scopes, send em in to be checked out and then we have turrets and reticle changes. I would imagine defective scopes make up a small percentage of their workload.

I agree with this completely. I have sent in scopes I have bought used and sent them for service. I told them up front what they were and I expected to pay for the service. They either fixed the scope and even replaced one with a new one and I never have been charged a cent. The only thing I was out was shipping to send it to them. I've used a lot of their scopes over the years and never have had a defective issue...unless I made it defective. Those I have bought I still have. Had a defective issue with a new GR 7-12x32 binocular once and that one was replaced with a new one, but that is my only defective Leupold product issue. Sure some do get them and some probably have not been contacted properly etc., but I figure nobody's perfect. I'm going to have Leupold optics of some sort somewhere in my gear as long as I'm able to use the gear.

One thing I do with any company I need service from is to be a little proactive and check with them and see what the status is. Never hurts.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"