I almost traded my 2011 4Runner Trail Edition in on a 2014 this past September but the dealership tried to change the deal we made after I put down a deposit so I backed out. I just wasn't comfortable with dealing with somebody that was going to try to change the deal after the deposit had been made. I just continued to drive the 4Runner and I loved it but I really needed a pickup so last month I put the 4Runner up for sale and it sold a couple of weeks ago.

I decided I didn't want to buy new as I can be tough on equipment and I wanted to buy a vehicle with a proven track record of reliability and durability. I have followed 1st gen Tundra builds by Derek24, the dude, Haggis, JCMathews and other so I honed in on finding a 2005 or 2006 Double Cab Tundra. The 2UZ-FE engine is one of the best Toyota has ever made IMO and I like the 5 speed transmission. I almost pulled the trigger on a low mileage truck here on Expo but I had to buy a pop up camper with it and I really didn't want the camper or the hassle of trying to sell it myself.

I have my little 93 Toyota hunting truck that I have a built thread here on Expo to drive so I took my time and watched Craigslist every day locally and just couldn't find a truck I was comfortable with. I finally decided to look nationally to see what else was out there. I found a nice truck in Tucson but there was an accident reported on the Carfax and it had 4 previous owners so I was a little cautious. I have a friend that offered me his 08 double cab(basically extended cab with doors) Tundra with 88,000 miles on it in Phoenix for $14,000 and seriously considered pulling the trigger but it was a tight fit with 2 car seats in the back of that truck so I passed. Two kids under the age of 2 means they'll be growing and will be in car seats for years and the back seat of that DC just wasn't going to cut it. Besides that, I had my heart set on the 1st gen due to the drivetrain.

I finally looked to my home state of Texas and found a truck that peaked my interest. Not only that, I had some good friends that I trust in the immediate area where the truck was listed for sale so I called them up to see if they could check it out for me. Here is the craigslist ad and pictures that were posted�.

"2006 Toyota tundra SR5 4X4 42000 Miles original owner title in hand Before you ask everything works and works well just don't need it... Has a load leveling kit all else factory V8... Need has a dent from someone that shouldn't had been in my truck moving a trailer around... Price is negotiable if you have cash if you don't have cash when you come to negotiate don't negotiate�"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/alb...-893c-96f4a01e673c_zps7854a3e3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/alb...-b6ab-71e0f85b28c8_zpsb8aea93a.jpg[/img]

I like people that are to the point so I called him up. The owner is a super nice guy and told me to send my friends over to look at it to see what they thought about it. I knew about the damage to the bed on the drivers side so it wasn't a surprise when they told me about it and they said that the truck was in fantastic shape with the exception of that. Interior is flawless and it drives like a champ. We discussed price and came to what I feel was a fair agreement for both of us and I bought it.

Immediate plans are just to go get it, have the oil changed and get it back up to Colorado. I am going to go with the Bilstein shocks and OME 885 coils and I have a call in to Deaver to see about a spring pack but might just go with an AAL for the time being. I loved the Duratracs on my 4Runner but might have to go with the ST Maxx tires this go round. I may get the bed fixed and I may not, depends on how bad it is but I am not too concerned about it. I am not sure how I feel about the blue steel metallic color but I think I will like it. I just don't see enough of them around here but its cool that its not a real common color so we'll see. I did find a truck online in this color that looked pretty darn good so I am hoping mine will be as sharp. I really like this truck and the color looks great in his pictures�

[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/drumdaddy/tundra023_zpsc04bce25.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/drumdaddy/tundra031_zps7c1f147a.jpg[/img]

Anyway, I will update this as it progresses and any input would be appreciated