What a long few days! I will NEVER fly United Airlines again. Delayed flights and missed connections to no communication on when I could get out to the $7 meal voucher they have me for dinner. Screw United. They even broke my CPAP that was in the overhead compartment and I haven't slept good in 3 days. I'm whipped. That being said, I made it down there, bought the truck, smacked a truckload of hogs and drove it back to northern CO.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

First impression, I liked it but didn't love. I wasn't sold on the color but it's growing on me. The PO hadn't cleaned it at all and he sold to to me with no gas in the tank which wasn't a big deal but when I got to the gas station and went to clean the windshield I noticed a few imperfections that I wish had been disclosed before the purchase. I knew then why it hadn't been cleaned but the fact is I still got a good deal on a truck with super low miles and I'm still happy about it. They wouldn't have been a deal breaker but you hate to figure it out less than 5 minutes after you fork over a fistful of hundreds.

Anyway, I took possession and went straight to the Toyota dealership for an oil change. The PO said he changed the oil every 5000 miles but didn't have any records or receipts and he wasn't sure which oil they used so I went right down and had them but their 0w20 synthetic and new Toyota filter on it so I knew what was in it and exactly when it had been changed. We went through it while it was on the lift and everything looked good. I changed out a license plate light and the air filter and called it good. I then met up with some hunting buddies and we headed out to break that truck in proper. We had a blast but we didn't finish until this morning so it's been a LONG day!

On my first tank I averaged 15.8 mpg, second tank was 17.2 mpg and the last tank was from Dumas to Denver and I got almost 19mpg. I am thrilled with that and the truck was a pleasure to drive. It's just tight if you know what I mean. The more I drove it the more I liked it. I am happy that I went down to get this one, I think it will be a good truck

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's the last fill up and I didn't baby it. In fact, I drove it like I stole it which was probably good for it. Who knows how long it's been since it was really run.

I'm looking at lift and tires first. The PO has those hockey puck looking spacers on it and I hate those so I'll be taking care of that ASAP. As for tires, I'm leaning towards the ST Maxx tires in either a 265/75r16 or the new 255/85r16. Haven't made up my mind yet. Lift will be OME 885 coils and bilstein up front and bilsteins and aal in the rear to start

Any input or suggestions are appreciated. I'm tapping out fellas. I'm beat