So heres the story on why I lifted it so quick. I was looking around on CL for some steel wheels when I came across an ad for some wheels and tires so I called the guy. I went down to see the tires and I knew he would be cool because I could see a 40 tub in the background as well as the rear wheel well of another 40 he was building in the background. I have always been a sucker for FJ40's so I knew the guy was going to be a cool cat.

I get there and I see he has a paramedic sticker on the back of his built Tacoma and it turns out he is a flight medic on the helicopter that services our district where I am a fire fighter. We hit it right off and knew a few of the same people. His garage was pure awesomeness and he had all of the tools he needed for the frame off 40 build he had going on. He pulled my Tundra up and we tried a tire but it wasn't going to work as the backspacing was off. He asked what my plans were and I told him that I eventually wanted to lift it and he said "how bout tomorrow"? I asked if he was serious and he said that he loved doing that kind of stuff so I showed him my plans. He also loves Old Man Emu stuff and we made a couple of calls and I ended up at ToyTec on Wednesday afternoon. The guys at ToyTec are absolute studs and they answered all of my questions. They helped me piece together what I wanted and agreed that it should be an awesome setup on my 1st gen Tundra. The only issue we had was that they didn't have the top plates for my Tundra and when we called earlier they said they did. They were freaking awesome, they said to take the struts off on Thursday morning and bring them in and they would assemble the strut free of charge because they didn't have the part. The customer service at ToyTec is TOP NOTCH! Drew and Kevin are a pleasure to deal with and I will give them my business from here on out. It helps that they are in Northglenn and its less than an hour from my house

So yesterday I met Matt at his house at 10 am and we went to work. I should say Matt went to work. He is a great guy and showed me how to do everything. We took the front struts off and installed the diff drop and then went down to ToyTec to get the new struts put back together. I was as useless as tits on a boar hog but I look forward to returning the favor to him in some form or fashion. I learned a lot about my truck and we were both pretty jacked to see how it rode when we were done as we took off a homemade add a leaf and the front hockey puck spacers. We are both really impressed with the setup and even though OME is notoriously pretty stiff it actually felt pretty good. I can't imagine how nice it will be once it settles a bit.

Anyway, to my new friend Matt, THANK YOU! You will never know how much I appreciate you taking the time to help me out and I will return the favor! To Drew and Kevin over at ToyTec, you earned a customer for life. You guys were great and I will get you some before and after pictures as this is a lift you should market for the 1st gen Tundras.