I hadn't been feeling 100% for a few weeks and when my CPAP went down on my trip to TX to get the truck I just wasn't sleeping very well. I got home from picking up the truck on Saturday night and then went in for a shift at the fire station at 7pm on Sunday. At this point I was going on about 6 hours of sleep over the previous 3 days and I normally get 7 or 8 hours a night. We started doing some search and rescue training exercises and I couldn't finish one. I tweaked a previous injury and couldn't breathe and so I went home with instructions to go to the urgent care or ER to get checked out. I didn't go right away as I had an MRI on the previous groin injury just a week ago and wanted to get those results before I went back to get it looked at again and I felt like the fatigue over the previous 3 days had something to do with it. Long story short, at about 11 pm I went to bed and couldn't breathe. I felt like I was suffocating so I told my wife that I was driving myself to the ER to get checked out. Turns out I have had Pneumonia for over 2 weeks. No wonder I haven't been feeling good! Anyway, just a reminder to not be like me and get these things checked out. My groin injury is an avulsion fracture and I should have handled it a while back instead of waiting around. I have had Pneumonia for over 2 weeks and ended up going to the ER at midnight to get it checked out. Basically I was the guy I cuss when they call us at 2am for something thats been bothering them for days or weeks.

I am also doing a build on me the same time I build the truck. I was an athletic guy and I'm only 40. I'm 6'4" and weighed 272lbs about 3 weeks ago. I'm down to 258 now and want to get to about 230-235 which is slender for my frame. With 2 kids under 2 I let myself go for a couple of years and I am sick of not being in good shape.

All of us here love the outdoors and love exploring new places. We all try to keep our equipment in tip top shape so it doesn't fail us at the wrong time. Basically what I am saying is that I am going to take the time to get back as close to 100% as possible so my body doesn't fail me when I'm in the wrong place. I guide and outfit hunts for a living and spend time in places not easily accessible here in the US and in Mexico. The past few days have been an eye opener and just wanted to share it with you guys