I have owned a tundra since 07 and it has the 4.30s with the 5.7 and until recently nothing would hang with it in the pulling dept or from 0-100 and back to a stop. I have driven 6.0 chevy 2500s for the last 12 years ( work) and they are dogs in comparison, power and gas mileage. I had my truck to the dealer one time to replace the cd player under warranty and that's it in over 6 years and from a first model year run truck.

yes its true, the tundra is the most made in the USA truck on the road to date. some of the competition has finally caught up in some aspects but I seriously doubt they can compare as far as durability goes over the long haul.

my mileage varies from 13 -18 depending on where I drive and pulling a 26 ft camper I got 11.2 letting the hammer down on a trip from Ohio to TN and that was some pretty good pulls on the grades running 70- 80. try that with a 1500 chevy or a 2500 for that matter and see what mileage you end up with TRYING to stay with the tundra. about 9 mpg with either and whimpy whimpy on the hills.

what would I buy if buying another new truck? Made in USA of course! But it would have a Tundra badge on it.