Originally Posted by RaceTire
P-G,
I've heard that gets old real quick. Stick with rifles. I was a little indifferent and thinking I was going to sell a bunch of long guns a couple of months ago while working on my 2014 catalog at my graphics guys office.
I dialed up Melvin Forbes and since I didn't own anything that a 123 or 139 Scenar (thought I'd buy a few bullets off them so they'll stick around) or a new 129 LR Accubond would work in asked him if he would obliged me and put one of his Model 24's together. He called last week and put his painter on the phone with me.
Wife and I are down here in SC this week to be at youngest sons graduation from Army boot camp and transport him to AIT in Va Beach.
Gun Might be done next week. Thinking I'll break it in and come up with a couple of recipes it likes and when the youngest one comes home from AIT in August see if he likes it.
ULA Model 24 in 6.5/284 Norma. 24" Contour 2 Douglas SS 8 twist, Timney Trigger, Talley's, 13 1/4" LOP. Maple and Oak leaves with gray Fern mixed in the 3D look paint. CereKoted action, barrel, and bolt.
Should be a pretty good looking rifle and if it shoots like the ULA parked in the Heritage now there will be no excuses.

Dave

Dave, I visited with Mr Forbes at last years NRA show. Said if I was in town to watch my Grandson playing for the Mountaineers, to stop by. He was very pleasant to visit with.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 04/02/14.