I thought a second post would be useful to talk about the Wyoming Arms mount for the Fenix light.

The mount that Wyoming Arms is building actually replaces the body of the Fenix PD35. As such, there are only two screws involved in the mount and it'd be impossible for the light to shoot loose from the mount. The mount is very low profile as seen in the pictures below.
[Linked Image]

I currently have my TLR1 mounted at 12 o'clock in front of a fixed front sight. This allows easy access to the momentary / constant on rocker switch, but the light's bell is so large that it protrudes into the bottom of the sight picture with iron sights.
[Linked Image]

The Wyoming Arms Fenix light can be mounted at 12 o'clock and I found that the push button switch of the Fenix could be activated if my front sight was pushed back to the approximate location of a carbine gas block. The light mount was low profile enough to keep the light out of the sight picture, but I don't think this is the most ideal solution.
[Linked Image]

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Troy Alpha rails. The Alpha rails come with small picatinny rail sections that mount in the holes of the rail. There are holes at 11 and 1 o'clock on the rail that generally aren't useable because the picatinny pieces are so close to the top rail that most clamps won't fit. But I was very excited to find that the Wyoming Arms mount is small enough to fit (with a little finagling) at 11 o'clock without having to purchase any additional offset mounts. I really prefer my lights at 11 or 12 o'clock. With this low profile mount at 11 o'clock I really can't see it getting hung up on barricades, slings, or climbing in and out of a patrol car.
[Linked Image]

My only concern with the light was the little grey clicky switch near the lens. That grey switch is what adjusts the brightness of the light and I can see it easily getting bumped while in use or storage, especially in the trunk or rack of a patrol car. I talked to John about this and he explained that he's now making small inserts to place between the light's body and lens. The spacer is just thick enough to keep the grey switch turned toward the barrel of the gun so that it won't get accidentally bumped.

As far as long term reliability is concerned, John tells me he has over 8,000 rounds on his current Fenix PD35. I'm going to mount the Wyoming Arms light on my competition rifle and shoot the STI-Texas Multigun Championship with it this week. The match will only be 250ish rounds. But it'll be two days and 12 stages of the rifle getting thrown into dump barrels and slammed into ports and will see more rough use in those two days than most hunting or patrol rifles see in a year. I don't expect any problems, but I'll report back if there are any.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the entire set up. Rather than send the light and mount back, I intend to buy it from John and keep it on my patrol rifle.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling