Originally Posted by reelman
To be fair you really should have used the TLR-1HL with 630 lumens instead of the standard with 300 lumens. It appears that the Fenix has a larger angle of lumination like the HL model has. Sometimes you can have to bright bright of a light also, you can get so much flash back in a room that it partially blinds the user.

If distance is what you're after on a rifle you could also look at the lower lumens, higher candela lights on the market. And if you really want brightness take a look at the StreamLight Pro Tac 3HL with 1100 lumens that will fit any 1" mount.

I would've included an HL TLR, but don't know anyone who has one. I've messed with one of the HL Stinger handheld lights and it was really impressive.

The TLR I posted pics with wasn't included to compare it to the other lights, just to show a reference of how much brighter the other lights were. I had my doubts at first about whether or not they'd be worth the money, but I'm convinced now that they are.

I agree on having too bright of a light. The M600U was so bright in the small room (it's beam was so focused) that it was hard to look at it. The Fenix has more lumens, but spread the light out more and wasn't bad at all.

For my uses, 100 yards is plenty far. And if I can have a light that illuminates rooms better AND gets me to 100 yards, that's the one I'll choose.

Do you have one of the 3HL lights? I'd be curious how much larger the lens is that other lights. The fact that the Fenix and TLR were so low profile was a big deal to me.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling