Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Besides the mount, are there any other differences between the Wyoming Arms version and a stock Fenix? Wordering if its just easier to buy a VTAC or other offset 1" mount if you want to be at 11:00 vs 12:00.

I finished shooting with it today and tried to beat it up but it's still rocking along as of a few minutes ago when I unloaded the truck.

I believe the mount is the only difference, but I'd have to refer you to John for any specifics. I think the WA mount is a better way of going about it, for my rail for sure anyway.

I'm now not completely convinced that the 1" mounts will work. In the pic that CumminsCowboy posted it looks like the 1" part of the light is on the head and not the body. I'd not be comfortable with having the light attached at the head only. Maybe he'll see this and chime in on whether or not the ring would fit the body too. If a 1" mount only fits the head of the light, I'd definitely go with the WA mount.

Bluedreaux

Thanks for putting up that video. That took a bit of effort.

The light is a standard Fenix PD35. The bezel is tapered and has 3 cooling fins so I doubt a guy can securely clamp on the bezel. The older PD32 had a straight bezel.

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by reelman
blue, that Wyoming mount is pretty cool. Do you know if they make them for other models and other brands? I like the way it replaces the flashlights body.

Only the PD35 that I'm aware of.

Locking the light directly to the rail sure seems like a good way to do it, rather than having the light clamped in a ring (Surefire does sort of the same thing with the Scout lights but the mount screws directly to the body of the light rather than being truly integral). It may all be overkill, but it's not like we don't overkill everything else when it comes to gear.

Right now we are only doing the PD35. It is such a great light I don't know what would be gained unless we do something with a much tighter beam for nighttime predators at distance. With a magnified optic this little light is easily capable target ID at 150yds.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.