Well, Battered was going up north for work and some fun on the pigs and I had just scored a month off work, so thought it best that I join him. Someone had to keep an eye on him so it may as well be me :mrgreen:
The trip very nearly didn't happen for me due to all that Chillean ash cloud B.S as I had 4 flights booked to get to the Gulf from the Pilbara in W.A.
Perth airport was �closed on the day I was due to fly in and I honestly thought the ash cloud had beaten me. Luck shone down on me and I made Perth and even scored a 1st class ticket to sydney as I was late for check in coz I was at the pub.
Anyway, flew to Cairns, then accross to Normanton where Battered was waiting with the ute chockers with our supplies for the week ahead. A nice cold XXXX was thrust into my hands and we were off.
We met the station managers on arrival, given a mud map and off we went to explore the hundreds of thousands of acres we had access to. We passed a heap of likely looking pig spots on the way, but no pigs on them. Through a few gates and along a fence line, a nice boar stepped out onto the road 50-60m in front of us. Battered swung the ute and promptly whacked a 308 into him, dropping him on the spot. A sow then bolted across the road and we both took off after her. This was first attempt of hunting "Battered style" and I don't really know how he does it. Thongs are not meant for chasing hogs, but they do work :lol: Battered reckons she wouldn't have gone too far and he is right. I spot her in some bushes directly between me and him. Battered runs off to the right and I nailed her from about 6-7m with the 7/08. 2 from 2, a good start.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Only 10 minutes down the road, we passed some awesome looking swamps and eagle-eye Battered spots a big boar walking off to our left. Lucky for me, he's on my side, so I hit him with the 7/08 and he runs about 50m before collapsing on another road

[Linked Image]

Next morning, we hunt what is now called Donk's swamp. We came accross 2 good mobs of pigs that morning. There were 2 real good pigs in the first mob, but it was Battereds shot and I thought he could see them, but he couldn't. He ended up with 2 smaller pigs and I didn't let a shot off due to the long grass.

Battereds pigs at Donk's swamp

[Linked Image]

Check out the blood trail on this bugger

[Linked Image]

We walked and walked and walked(Battered doesn't like it when I make him walk) with no luck, did a u-bolt and headed for the truck. Half way back, we came accross the 2nd mob. Wal the mad pig dog he is, took off after them and I only managed 1 before they hit the long grass.

[Linked Image]