Originally Posted by battered
on average how many animals would some of you roll a year?

before our record shattering snowfall winter a couple years ago i believe i could take up to 7 deer(1 buck and 6 does), 1 elk, 2 pronghorn(1 buck and 1 doe), 1 black bear, 1 wolf and 1 cougar.....we also have moose, bighorn and mountain goat but those are far from an every year thing, the others could be done by anyone that can be out in the field with either over the counter tags or draw tags that were easy to get in certain areas....

granted ive never shot close to that many....hell ive never bought more than 3 deer tags for a year cause its a 6 week rifle season and with both the wife and i hunting there was only so much time for butchering to be done since we haver to recover and make use of the meat and prefer to do the butchering ourselves.....

but thats Montana, some places in the Southeast i believe you can shoot a hell of alot of deer every year cause they have huge numbers of whitetail, infact there are more whitetail today than when Europeans first hit the east coast cause they do so well around people and agriculture....

Last edited by rattler; 04/09/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books