I can't find the story because the search engines are all clogged up with all the controversy surrounding BLM going on in more recent times, but there is a story about BLM and the ranchers...

If I remember the story correctly, years ago, the BLM was defunded by the government. (I think it was the General Land Office then, and not BLM.) Anyway, the ranchers and the agency had close working relationships and had formed alliances and friendships. They helped each other.

When the government de-funded the agency, they sent out termination notices to all the employees. They fired them. Many of the agency employees had families to feed, and had nowhere to turn.

The ranchers came together and organized a fund that pretty much every rancher contributed to, that allowed the BLM to keep working, and feed their families. This support rally went on for awhile until the government created a new agency and put the government employees back to work within the scope of duties they were supposed to be doing.

The BLM employees were very grateful to the ranchers, and pledged that they would support the ranchers and help them as long as the agency existed.

My how times change. frown

If anyone can find that historical story, I would much appreciate a link.

Thanks

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!