Continued:

If you do this right, you will use about 10 Q-tips per side:
[Linked Image]
Once you fill one up, go to the next and make sure you use plenty of Johnsons paste wax on each Q-tip. Trust me, this works much better than anything else I've tried. I know a lot of guys just wait until it's set up for about 4 hours and cut it off with a sharp stick, but I like to set it and forget it. I won't have to touch this stock for another 24 hours and that's the way I like it!!

Usually if you do a Winchester right, you won't even have to use this step on the tang:
[Linked Image]

Give your project a quick once over to make sure you didn't accidentally get bedding compound anywhere it doesn't belong:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Also remember you used the paste wax on the stock too, so that will keep the epoxy from sticking to it. If you do accidentally get some epoxy in the checkering, you can just use the Q-tip cleaning method on it and you'll be golden.

This bedding project took almost exactly 1 hour because of the extra time to take pictures.

We'll separate the barreled action from the stock around 11:30 A.M tomorrow.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA