Originally Posted by lynntelk
Great Job BSA. Basically the only thing I do differently when bedding is to use rubber tubing vs. the electrical tape. I can control the "force" by how tight I wrap the rubber tubing. It comes off cleaner also.

Thanks, I appreciate all of your comments. Tubing would also work great. I know guys that use it and it works good for them. The electrical tape doesn't leave a smudge because of the Johnson's paste wax on the stock anyway. The paste wax does a few different things in this bedding process: Protects the wood from stray bedding compound (won't stick to the wood with the paste wax on it), keeps the electrical tape from really sticking to it, it also helps to waterproof the stock (which is a good thing), speeds up bedding time because you don't have to tape the stock off. Check out the finished/cleaned up parts I showed pics of and that is the best proof I can offer. Kind of a win win deal by using the Johnson's. It was a trick my gunsmith told me about and it works great.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA