Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
thanks for sharing your expertise bsa. one question I didn't see you address but perhaps I missed you mentioning it. do you have a tough time removing the barreled action after bedding in that you don't tape the sides and front of the recoil lug for some clearance? thanks

This is why use the method other smiths use by placing the rifle in your lap, pulling up on the stock with your weak hand and giving it a few good whacks on the towel covered barrel with a dead blow type hammer. This method works great. If you use enough of the right release agent, they pop out after about 5-10 good whacks. Keep in mind I don't smack the heck out of it, they are just very controlled whacks.. Thanks for the question.

Uh this info would of been nice to know 5 hours ago... I used a 10lb sledge

Hey, some guys beat the barrel over the back of the couch.... laugh... You've seen my couch though. I can't use that or my wife would shove the barrel somewhere the sun doesn't shine. sick

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA