BobinNH, we think pretty much the same on this. I've been reading this thread from start to stop. Lotta opinions on it and it seems some folks just plain hate belted magnums period and trot out their samples of one, wailing away at it. Couple of weeks ago I was given a part box of Remington 7 mm Magnums factory loaded with 150 gr PTD Core-lokts according to the 1963 Rem catalog I have they should be moving 3250 at the muzzle. The ammo is from the 1964-66 era,no corrosion on it and the box looks 95%, in other words well stored. So it is somewhere to 46-48 years old. Been overcast most of the day but a half hr ago the sun came out and so did my chronograph. Used my 50 yd butt for the target and chrono at 10' 4 shots in one ragged oblong hole .414" avg vel at 3086 fps. Current factory Rem loads are supposed to be 3110 fps with the same 2 dia bullet. I shoot the 270 also and the only 270 loads with 150's I ever saw hit that kind of spd came from my 270 Weatherby. Haters allways gonna hate. BobinNH take care not many of us guys who like magnums for what they are left around here. Magnum Man