Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Well played.... you have no idea what your talking about.

There is no team. There is no time score. Only 4 minutes to shoot 6 targets.... which is more than enough time. Everyone is doing their best to help you make hits. But obviously, you know more about it than I do.

Go check out the web page.... look at the picks.... and the range card. I shot a sub 9lb. .260... the same gun I hunt. Running the same DTC on the SS12x that I run at home. I came away a better shooter, I bet you'd like it.

I didn't say anything about a team or time score on the NRA Sporting Rifle Match. I was referencing the physical part of an event (any event), which may be accomplished by timed movements between targets. But this would cut out a lot of shooters, so the actual physicality involved could be limited somewhat. Though an elevated heart rate is a great test for hunting.

Plenty of western hunting involves close in shooting. To not practice for it seriously handicaps one when it comes time to make such a shot under real conditions. So a rifle that excels at a long range target event may be a poor choice for all around use.