Okay... I made some assumptions from the beginning and should have spelled more of them out... None of my assumptions included it being a new rifle. My mistake and something a little more detailed question would have prevented. wink

Starting from the top... Assumption it is not a mini-mauser (they are push-feed and would have different potentials)...

Taking the bolt apart and looking for the wear points on the extractor, bolt body, retaining clip will help figure out what is binding.

Places I would look include the extractor itself right at the front lug. The extractor may be catching on the bolt lug as it tries to ride under it. A tiny bit of slop (normal) may be allowing the bolt to come back a tiny bit causing it to catch.

The extractor may have a little tweak, or need one, to ride true along the bolt body.

Rough areas or machining marks on the lugs may also be causing an issue but only after firing because the case is preventing it from coming ahead slightly.

Essentially it looks like an extractor issue.

Last edited by Sitka deer; 05/30/14. Reason: typo "bolt"

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.