Just an update.

At my gunsmith's suggestion, I contacted both K-Var (the seller) and Zastava in Serbia. The importer (FIME Group) asked a few questions about any modifications I've made. The only one's were stock modifications: bed, float, Decelerator pad. They sent me an RMA number to return the rifle to them for warranty repairs. Jacalyn, their customer service rep, was very friendly and helpful, and so far I couldn't ask for more. She warned that it would probably be somewhere between 3 and 12 weeks before the rifle was repaired and returned. Again, I appreciate her being upfront with that information. So far, FIME Group has been very responsive. I will continue to keep you posted.

As an aside, when I went to the gunsmith to pick up the rifle, he took me to the back to show me a couple of rifles he'd just received. Both were Kimber Mountain Ascents, one in .308 and the other in .280AI. He thought I might like the AI since he knows I like 7mm cartridges. Get thee behind me, Satan!! grin

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown