Here's the final story on the Zastava with the sticky bolt.

I sent the rifle back to the distributor (FIME aka K-Var) in Las Vegas. They received it somewhere around June 10. Last week I got an email for Jacalyn in customer service saying that a new rifle was being shipped. I asked if she could tell me what was wrong with the original one, but all she said is that their repair shop deemed a new rifle was in order. So that's what I got.

What's more, I'd already done (and had done) some work on the original stock. They put the new barreled action in the original stock and made sure the action was bedded and the barrel still floated. It took three months to get the rifle back, but in all fairness to the company Jacalyn told me at the beginning that turnaround from the repair shop was anywhere from three to twelve weeks.

At this point I couldn't be happier. It isn't often a company sends an entirely new rifle instead of just trying to fix a defective one.

I've not yet had a chance to shoot it as it just arrived today, but there was a target included, signed and dated last week, showing that it functions. I'll remount the scope and we'll see how things go. Hopefully, from here on out all will be fine.

I do, though, wish Jacalyn was able to tell me what was wrong with the first one. That'll always be a mystery.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown