I want to post about my very good friend's problems with the shipping of his trophies from South Africa after they were mounted and now the companies don't want to take responsibility. He was supposed to have insurance on everything. I copying his post from another forum below, these are his words and explanation:
I would like to share the experience after my hunt. Close to one and half year I posted a report on how great my trip had been and the wonderful trophies I was able to get with Cruiser Safaris. They are a top notch outfitter with outstanding trophies, and this report is not in any way directed to them. The problem I'm having is with Highveld Taxidermists and their affiliated company Oxi Logistics.

Now, let me tell my experience with Highveld Taxidermists/Oxi Logistic. This is where my nightmare starts. After waiting for what seemed forever, my trophies finally arrived, to my horror I noticed that the crate is all busted up. I think, no worries, I have insurance. Not so much, this is where my nightmare turns ugly. The shipper Oxi Logistics tells me that my insurance coverage was only while my trophies where in transit and arrived in the US and not the final destination my house. First of all I was never given the option to change or upgrade my insurance coverage, or informed of what was covered and what was not covered. The invoice had insurance coverage and I was told it was for replacement cost. As of yet, and many request, I have not seen or have been provided a copy of my insurance certificate by Oxi, which leads me to believe that I never had insurance to beggin with.

I've been in a constant argument with Oxi Logistic, and the bottom line is that they are refusing to accept my claim for the repair of my m0unts. Oxi's suggestion was for me to ship my trophies back to SA and Highveld Taxidermists would fix them for free. Meanwhile, this would end up costing me over $5,000.00 in transportation fees, customs fees, import/export fees, etc, etc. Which I could use that money to get them fix here in the US, and why should I have to pay out of my pocket when supposedly I had insurance.

I know there are a lot of hunters that had their mounts done and shipped by Highveld Taxidermists and Oxi Logistics without any issues, but the true colors and the honesty of companies come out with issues like mine.

I paid some good money to Highveld Taxidermists/Oxi Logistics, and now I have a Kudu with a busted mouth, an Impala with a broken ear and broken neck, a Wildebeest with discoloration on his nose and a Zulu shield with gouges and scratches all over. All this would have been solved if I would have been given the option to change/upgrade the insurance coverage, or if my broker would have been made aware of the insurance limitations. I've paid a lot for this safari and for mounting these trophies, so another $100-300 would not have been an issue.

Here are some pictures so you guys can get an idea of what I'm dealing with:
NOTE: My friend had pictures in the other forum but I could not get the pictures to copy in. The damage is bad and is a bummer for the memories of his hunt and the cost he paid for the mounts. I just wanted to get this out so it might save someone else a lot of trouble. Going to Africa costs a lot of money and having your trophies damaged is a shame and kind of leaves a bitter taste from the trip. Such beautiful animals I hate if for him. He is working every means to get this taken care of but so far he has had no luck. The people in SA don't seem to care. Good luck with your African hunts and be careful with your trophies.