Sorry it took us so long to give you an official reply from Highveld Taxidermists- we had to wait for our registration to be approved.

As the owner of Highveld Taxidermists, I tried my utmost to help the client, Oscar Lopez, who I had extensive correspondence with. As Highveld, we offered to repair all the trophies that were damaged free of charge, even though this was not our duty. In addition, the Zulu shield that we made for Oscar, can not be repaired in the US, so I suggested the shipment come back to us at the clearing company's cost.

A quick summary of facts:
- The client paid us for the taxidermy services and Oxi Logistics for sending the trophies to Safari Specialty Importers (against our advice) in New York.
- Safari Specialty Importers was paid to clear and send the trophies on to his home.
- The damage occurred between New York and the clients home while being trucked.

I don't believe it's fair to expect Highveld or Oxi to pay for damage that occurred while the trophies were in the care of a 3rd party that was independently paid for that service. While this fact is also stated in our Terms and conditions, it would be logical to pursue either Safari Specialty Importers or the Trucking company directly.