Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The three actions I tested were a Ruger Hawkeye .264 Winchester Magnum, a NULA Model 28 chambered for the .257 Weatherby, and a standard (.30-06) size Remington 700.

The one that would take some adjusting was the Ruger, but usually CRF actions are the most finicky about feeding a particular cartridge. But I've adjusted the feeding on a number of CRF actions, including several Rugers, and feel I could get this one to feed the 26 pretty easily. It just isn't that far off.

It fed easily from the NULA and the Remington, though I could only get two rounds in the magazine of each rifle.

I am sure the Nosler rifle has a wider magazine box, but it isn't slotted, probably because unlike Winchester (and Remington) they made the box wide enough for the round, rather than modifying their standard magnum box. Nosler has been chambering fat, beltless rounds since they started offering rifles, and all I've tried have fed perfectly.

I'm still trying to visualize how one seats a bullet in a case full of water. Does the excess water seep out around the bullet? Sounds messy...

If some water capacity measurements are done like this and others to the brim, it sorta taints the comparative validity between rounds. It has been mentioned that Nosler has different case capacities, based onbullet types, so that must be the way they're measuring case capacity.

That method makes sense, as case capacity can only be subject to room left after the bullet is seated.

Thanks,

DF