Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by 19Scott63
DF,
I take every thing with a grain of salt! Especially if the info comes from a party that has something to gain from it. Add to that the lack of consistant methodology in measurement and most numbers are suspect. I chose the same source hoping the methodology would be consistant. When I measure volume I like to use a fired case and fill it full of deoxygenated water to a level forming a convex meniscus. That's the prefered method for Quickload data. I have some 26Nosler brass but alas no rifle to fire it in.
SCP

I am not familiar with the Quickload method you reference, but perhaps this is a typo and should have been deionized water?

David
Deionized water, distilled water, tap water, rain water, road ditch water... shocked

I don't see how the type water would be nearly as critical to case capacity data than how the measurements are done... blush

DF

The type of water isn't nearly as critical, just asking a question about the stated method.

High purity water (deionized water) has a known, repeatable weight. Commonly available water sources are pure enough that there should be little measurable differences, but if you don't specifically state purity, then conceivably any water source could be used. Water with high total dissolved solids has a different density than DI water, thus skewing the measurement.

Deoxygenated water is typically high purity water that has had the O2 stripped and chemically removed. It is typically used for producing steam in boilers. Deoxygenated water will cease to be deoxygenated when exposed to air.

I didn't think the method was actually calling for deoxygenated water, but perhaps there is a reason for it that eludes me - hence the question.

David