Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

BUT, for us Loonies, won't necking up the 26 Nosler to .284 be a real easy way to get a Mashburn wannabe...?

DF

Sure....seems like it. An even easier way,today, is get a 7mm LRM and use their factory brass. smile

Ocean Raider:You mean you can't hunt with a 6.5 some places over there? shocked

Yep that is the case if you want to hunt Sambar and Red Deers in my home state of Victoria, minimum calibre is .270 and there is a case length restriction as well I think so cases like the 7.62x39 is not usable

The 6.5 is a awesome cal but I can only use it for Fellow and Hog Deer, a few years ago you could hunt reds with a minimum calibre of 6mm but for some reason that got up graded to be inline with the Sambar restriction, it's all BULL$HIT but that's what you get when you live in a oppressive society I guess.

In exchange for DUMB calibre restrictions we have some of the most liberal hunting laws in the country, Victorians have open access to all State Forrest to hunt game and pest species, seasonal opening to game reserves for ducks, open access to Nation Parks in some areas to hunt Sambar Deer. The other states are limited to private property and to hunt public land need to go into a booking system and other such nonsense, so I guess it's good and bad

All Dogs Bite
All Horses Kick
All Boats Sink
And All Guns Are Loaded