Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by 9point3
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

What's being done to actually make changes?

I've been asking that question regularly.

It seems that the standard response is that these type of threads are necessary to keep everyone informed to the threat.

But none of the geniuses have a solution available other than this public service they provide.

Seems to me they need a community organizer to help.

a couple of things come to mind. First, that most of these incidents come as a result of the 'war on drugs'. Maybe we should not be calling local police efforts a WAR. That is sending the wrong signal to the police.
Second, a huge percentage of new police persons are recent military veterans. It's possible that they have a mindset of killing things, particularly since they are told we are 'at war with drugs'.
Third, with the proliferation of military equipment being used by local police, I see a lot of the "if you have it, you'll use it" mentality.

Of course, I'm just a dumb ole country boy, but this is how I view it.

and as an addendum, the rancor and nasty comments in these threads come mostly from the police and their supporters. Vile ad hominem attacks and the like are common currency with those that are 'tired of the attacks on the police'.

Well said.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.