Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

a couple of things come to mind. First, that most of these incidents come as a result of the 'war on drugs'. Maybe we should not be calling local police efforts a WAR. That is sending the wrong signal to the police.
Second, a huge percentage of new police persons are recent military veterans. It's possible that they have a mindset of killing things, particularly since they are told we are 'at war with drugs'.
Third, with the proliferation of military equipment being used by local police, I see a lot of the "if you have it, you'll use it" mentality.

Of course, I'm just a dumb ole country boy, but this is how I view it.

and as an addendum, the rancor and nasty comments in these threads come mostly from the police and their supporters. Vile ad hominem attacks and the like are common currency with those that are 'tired of the attacks on the police'.

Well said.

Yeah. Very well articulated. All these veterans have a "mindset of killing things" (that's some brilliant schit to post on a forum that is pro-2nd Amendment) and the phrase that was coined by Nixon in the 70's are the reasons for all problems involving use of force by today's law enforcement.

Let the standing ovation begin.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house