Originally Posted by Dutch
It seems to stand to reason that the mail order companies are not getting orders for 22 LR, because they never sold much of it. Typically, in times of shortage, a manufacturer allocates based on historic orders. Places like your local farm supply outfit or LGS are where people used to buy their plinking ammo, so that is who is going to get the most supply.

I do a lot of on-line shopping, but the thought of buying 22's on line never even crossed my mind.

I've bought .22s online for years, because until recently, there were no large sporting goods stores around and the selection locally was limited. I check online regularly and sign up for notifications on stuff I use. I have been notified many times, but sometimes I'm too late because I am lazy about my email. I did get in on a brick of RWS subsonic a while ago at a good price. I also got in on a Midway backorder opportunity for a case of MiniMags. I seldom buy or use bulk ammo, as I've generally found it to be inaccurate and unreliable.

It takes a little effort, but you can get what you need without haunting the aisles of WalMart and without feeding the scalpers. Saves me time and gas too.

What fresh Hell is this?