That is what I called my 10mm this afternoon when another pistol packin patriot asked me. He was carrying a SIG 40, so when I answered about my handgun I tossed out the moniker "40 super" which caught him off guard.

It seems to me that the 10mm is to the 40 short and weak, in many ways what a 38 Super is to the old 38ACP and what the 357 Magnum is to the 38 special. Same-same with the 44 special and 44 magnum. The velocity gains (when the 10mm is loaded to its originally designed pressures) has velocity and power increases right in line with the difference between the other examples I cited in 38/357 etc. As a matter of course, my 180gr loads for the 10mm are running the same real world velocities as 125gr 357 Magnum loads.

So, I think I will start calling my RIA Tac Ten a 40 Super. Saying "10 mm" Just does not convey the realities of the power and real performance of this great round. It SOUNDS like "just a tiny little bit bigger than a 9mm" which is of course way off the mark. What do you all think??

Last edited by safariman; 07/26/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500