Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by bluesman
The AK-40 (Asskickin 40)

That is a GREAT nickname for it!

I guess one of my hopes with this thread, and another like unto it about two years ago, is to maybe come up with a good nickname for it even if only used here. Kinda like in custom rifles they refer to a model 700 as a "sucks" action and the 7x57 often as an Ingwe special.

Something that gives it the ring and it should have, something that better indicates the performance of the round even if just in name. AK40 is a good one so far.

Good grief. Thanks for proving my earlier post correct. The 10 is a damned good round on it's own merits. It doesn't need a ridiculous nickname by someone more concerned about feeling better or bigger about himself or impressing someone else.

If it were called the .39cm LimpDick but had he same ballistics, would you carry it or be more concerned with appearances than appearance? At this point, the answer is rather obvious - you'd shun it, regardless of facts and performance. You quoted the earlier post as being truth, as it is, but do everything possible to avoid the logic and wisdom in it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.