Originally Posted by MColeman
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Out of the blue, my neighbor calls me up and ask if I've eaten yet... say's she's been doing some cookin (always a good sign) and knowing my partiality to southern food brings me over a dish piled high with baked ham, greens, a macaroni dish and a bunch of corn bread... hell, I was just getting ready to put something on for my self (probably a couple polish dogs with sauerkraut) something fairly simple.

It's a bitch being alone, but really nice to have neighbors who kind of keep an eye on you, and just checks on how things are going!

A ready to retire black woman in her mid 50's whose husband left her and her daughter a few years back, just couldn't ask for a nicer person!

Phil

Is there a reason you pulled the race card just to talk about having a decent neighbor?

I didn't get that from his post at all. He didn't play a 'race card' to his advantage...just mentioned that his neighbor was a good neighbor who was black.

The title of the post says otherwise. It would appear that had the neighbor not been black, he wouldn't have said a thing; thus the pulling of the race card. YMMV, of course.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.