BCJR: Seeings I have been Hunting (virtually year round!) since I was a young teenager (55 years now) I feel lucky in that I have only had two Hunting seasons "interupted" by medical issues!
First instance occurred on August 22nd of 2,008 when a Rattlesnake bit me in the arch of my foot. I missed the Antelope season that year, I missed the fall Black Bear season. I missed the archery and Rifle seasons for Deer and Elk in fact I could NOT get a normal shoe (or Hunting boot!) on the afflicted foot for 98 days!
I went along on a couple of Hunts with friends and one Hunt on my own but never left the confines of the trucks cabs!
I could have shot a dandy 4x4 Mule Deer with eyeguards from the truck about Thanksgiving time but feared for getting frostbite in my "slippered" foot if I got out to care for said Buck, so held fire - still fun though to be so close to such a nice Buck.
Then in 2,011 I came out of my high country backpack Archery Elk Hunting camp dehydrated and in pain and promptly installed myself in the first of three hospitals and four operations for a 2 month long ordeal with Kidney Stones!
No Rifle Hunting that year and I missed out on any Hunting in a coveted limited draw Mule Deer permit I drew for the first time here in SW Montana!
That hurt almost as much as the Kidney Stones!
Oh well... take the good with the bad.
I hope your "curse" has run its course and best of luck to you this season!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy