That sciatica sucks, Alamosa. Having some right now as a matter of fact. I truly hope you find some relief for yours. Mine is just a temporary flare up, the aftermath of seven back surgeries.

One year out in western CO for first season elk I contracted a lower GI bug (not giardia) and lost 17 lbs in 3 days going from 170 to 153 lbs. The worst night of it was when our furnace quit in the camper and I spent the entire night sitting on the crapper in 20 degree temps blowing my guts out through my butt, the room spinning and my head feeling like someone was beating on it from the inside with a sledge hammer.
The next day we drove into Montrose for some fluids and immodium and I sat it out. The following day between bouts of the squirts I managed to fill my cow tag. Git-R-Done!

This is a great thread and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who will let something minor (pretty much anything short of death eek ) stop me from hunting. I've got some other stupid stubborn hunting stories but that is my best one.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5