Not a writer.....

I had read all the BS about the .30-30 not being enough gun. In the seventies, I was part of an investigation team working a double murder where the victims were ambushed by an assailant using a .30-30. The notes are long gone into the archives. I don't recall the brand/grain bullets, and the distance was about 45 yards.

I was the officer attending the autopsies. What I saw gave me a totally new respect for the round. True enough, it is not a long range round partially due to round or flat nosed bullets, but be assured the bullets are perfectly matched to the velocity within normal ranges. Victim 1 was almost decapitated and never knew what happened. Victim 2 looked like a small grenade exploded in his chest cavity and could not have retained consciousness for more than several seconds.

Today, I own four, all in different Marlin configurations.

jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero