Setting aside my Beanland built and Palma target rifles, of several hunting calibers I have...this rifle is the most consistently dependable caliber that I own. I built this rifle up back 20 years ago; has a Hart barrel 1-10" ROT and is afixed with a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40MM and Timney trigger that is excellent. I keep this rifle in my truck...NOT in a rack....and NOT with the muzzle down in the floor-board collecting dust, grit, etc. Best way to ruin a great shooting rifle IMO! Prior to each hunting season I have many friends come to my range to 'check' their zeros which is a good thing and often times I find that these guys are forevermore griping about "my rifle has changed zero"! Amazing! The below rifle NEVER changes it's initial zero; only a slight allowance possibly I may make in 'hold' for varying temperature! It is not an exotic caliber....rather just plain ole .308 Winchester shooting for hunting a 150 gr. AccuBond bullet and for here around the farm I use the Sierra 168 gr. since I've got two bushel baskets of these left over from my days of comp shooting the NMC of fire. If the coyotes that this rifle has put down could verbalize...they'd put up an awful howl about how they had been discriminated against; quite a few nice whitetails would agree with them also!

[Linked Image]Hunting Rifle by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Even birds know not to land downwind!