10/4 on the blue tape.
A short while after I started posting here, ShortactionSmoker sent me a "WesternHunter" starter pack, along with a mighty fine Ingram. I figure I'd hold that blade hostage here in Texas for a spell.

[Linked Image]

If I wuz hunting in your country, I'd be sportin' tape. It gets so hot here that tape would curl-up-n-dye if wrapped around a rifle barrel. Here a couple years ago where I hunted it rained 1-3/4" in 18 months. No snow. So, I go bare.

Choose to believe it or not, but I've been shooting since I was a little shaver. My dad would buy me one box of 22 longs and 1 box of shotguns shells a month. That ain't a whole lot of ammo when there's thirty days in a month. All my bb's and anything more I had to buy for myself. I started mowing yards at 10 yrs. Bought myself a Daisy pump and shot by point. Started out with my grandfathers model 63 Winchester 22 and a Winchester Model 12 pump shotgun. Later I got to use my dad's Browning Sweet 16. I tell folks that when I was born my folks were so poor that they couldn't afford a name, just initials. Perhaps my earliest memories of having to make every shot count lingers still in my subconscious, as I prolly have as many or more single shot rifles than repeaters.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/25/14.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.