Well my simple hunting rifle is a remodeled 1903-A3 Smith Corona Springfield wearing a old Bishop Alaskan stock of straight grained walnut, original 6-43 SC barrel cut to 22.5". Still got the orig 2 stage mil trigger but got a little fancy an put the milled steel 03 bottom metal on it. Bedded by time with sweat and patience,picked up a slightly used Pachmayer pad for it which tuned my LOP just fine. Was drilled and tapped for high grade Weaver bases( the shiny ones) and has med height Weaver rings which hold a old B & L Balvar 8B 2.5 X 8 scope. Still has the original parkerized finish on all the metal which seems to hold up real well. Shoot ? hell yeah better'n most people can and everthing I point it at tends to get right dead damn quick. Now for ammo this will get most a you real trick shooters laughing for sure but I got a lot of GI brass just worked up some plinking loads for it with SL 43 brass and a mix of 165's with 4350 and CCI 200's. Going to get a little more serious in a week or to and use my LC 63 Match brass and some 180 gr Herters semi spitzer's for deer loads. Yep, retro works whether you all like it or not. Newest part of the outfit is Uncle Mike's sling swivel studs and swivels with slick 1" leather sling off'n a mid 70's 700 BDL. Have near to $225 dollars in the whole outfit. Sits in a padded case behind the frt seat in the Tacoma with 5 boxes a shells I keep ball handy as well as a box of LC AP. Rest is simple 150-165 gr loads with ordinary cup and core bullets. No I don't use it to shoot 1000yds I got a 30-338 for that but it isn't a simple hunting rifle like Rick mentioned up frt. Magnum Man